Applicants must be enrolled in the practical nursing program at one of the following institutions to be eligible.
- Cass Career Center in Harrisonville, Missouri
- Concorde Career College in Kansas City, Missouri
- Kansas City Kansas Community College in Kansas City, Kansas
- Metropolitan Community College - Penn Valley, in Kansas City, Missouri
Scholarships will be presented to the students that best exemplify the following characteristics.
- Abiding interest in the welfare of others
- Inspires others to be their very best
- Has served as a role model for others
- Personal integrity
- Involvement and commitment to the community
Applicants must be seniors at or have graduated from Archie High School, Belton High School, Cass Midway High School, Drexel High School, Harrisonville High School, Heartland Christian School, Pleasant Hill High School, Raymore-Peculiar High School, Sherwood Cass High School or Training Center Christian School or live in Cass County, Missouri. Students from Cass County, Missouri who were home-schooled are also eligible to apply. Applications will also be accepted from non-traditional students residing in Cass County, Missouri. Preference is given to students who have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above. Selection is primarily based on responses to the application questions.
Application requirements are listed below.
- Letter of recommendation/support
- Letter of acceptance to LPN program
- Official transcript from most recent academic institution
The deadline to apply is March 1 with award notification by May 1.
Please note that you must submit all information at the same time. You will not be able to start your application and come back to it at a later time